DSN Softball Rules Grades 1st-2nd
Please remember that you are representing much more than your team. You are representing the DSN & the highest of standards that have been set for this organization.
MANDATE: KIDS ARE TO HAVE FUN. COACHES ARE TO BE GOOD ROLE MODELS.
1) Be nice & respectful to each other. If there is a disagreement, the 2 head coaches (if necessary) ONLY should quietly talk it over & come to an agreement.
2) 3 outs per inning or a maximum 4 runs per inning could be scored, and then inning is over.
3) In order to teach the girls how to play we are allowing 5 Strikes per batter.
4) The games are 5 innings long or until time runs out (60 minutes from first pitch), whichever occurs first.
5) One base maximum per INFIELD hit regardless of errors, overthrows, passed or missed balls etc.
6) Two base maximum for any hit that lands in the outfield on a fly. The runner can opt for up to a double but he is at risk of being thrown out. No extra bases for over throws or errors.
7) Maximum of 10 pitches per batter. Pitches landing before the plate or any other obviously bad pitches should not be counted as a pitch. Make sure you call it as a no pitch; it is your responsibility to do so.
8) Offensive coaches are not allowed to touch, hold or impede their own players in an effort to stop them – if they do, that runner will be called out.